RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Underground Rap (DONT FREEPOST HERE) (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=78030)

Mr.Christensen 09-05-03 03:48 AM

Underground Rap (DONT FREEPOST HERE)

if anyone freeposts i will delete you posts so dont waste my time. help him out to leave the mainstream garbage behind - c-section edit

I want to get into underground rap cause pop rap is only so good...radio ruins songs.. so im asking you all people to please let me know who i should look out for and why

please dont fucking freepost in here..

p.s. Who is Aesop Rock... i met him on the street and everyone was like hes a famous rapper... is he?

Jes 09-05-03 04:16 AM

He's not that famous to common hip hoppers.

Underground hip hop has many different types. There are jazz infused heads as well as conscious folks. You can't force your self to like underground stuff, just because you're getting tired of mainstream. If you can't understand it you won't like it. Believe me, I've attempted to press it apon some friends but its a lost cause with them.

It's not about beat with lyricists, you won't find many 'club-worthy' songs. They're trying to get a points across. You may not like aesop, but find some other underground emcee you like. I personally, can only tolerate so much of aesop.

Basically do you're homework, learn about the difference of styles and content and listen to different artists. Just like mainstream you like some, you hate some.

Otherwordz 09-05-03 05:29 AM

yeah...I agree...there'z abstract rap like Aesop...and there'z conscious rapperz like KRS-1 as well as horrorcore rapperz like Cage and Necro, straight up battle rapperz like Copywrite, and gangsta rappaz like M.O.P...

Dope Wax 09-05-03 05:41 AM

http://www.hiphopinfinity.com/

^Duh. Go look around.

self 09-05-03 10:59 AM

Aesop Rock - He's "underground", but he holds the respect of so many. He's complex, intellegent, metaphorical, etc.

Slug - Here's a line from Slug that can help describe him. "I'll never be the best word worker, instead I use the soul to take flow further."

Atmosphere - The lyricsist of the group is Slug, but a group.

CAgE - A mix between battle rhymer and gore. Basically "Hardcore", some shit like that.

Vakill - An intellegent battle rhymer with impeccable flow. Dips a little bit into some deep aspects.

Cunninlynguist - A group made up of Kno and Deacon The Villian, and SOS. Battle rhymers, and also some somewhat "deeper" songs.

Tonedeff - Battle rhymer. Has one of the best flow out there.

N-Demik - For now an internet rapper, one of my fav's. Battle rhymer, intellegent, deep. Check him out- www.soundclick.com/ndemik

Bruklor - For now, no songs out...but there will be soon hopefully. (Hey, no shame in promotion, :) )

RythmicTendicies 09-05-03 11:58 AM

Cormega - Is he fully underground? anyway, he's i'll as fuck, one of the best rappers i've ever heard.

Immortal Technique - Dope, if you go to www.hiphopgame.com then you'll see some of his work, unique.

Split~Barz 09-05-03 12:08 PM

Canibus,Copywrite,Slug & Aesop Rock Are some of my Fav. Its just many different styles when it come to underground Rap...

Carmen 09-06-03 08:46 PM

Atmosphere is good. And there is this cat in Detroit, DRX9 aka De:Storm. He put an album out not too long ago, called Turbulence. That sh*t is hot! I like X Raided.

C-Section 09-06-03 11:18 PM

glad you admit your just getting into underground. you didnt come and front like you know everything. im not going to waste my time to help you so you better listen to everything i recomend.

you probaley wouldnt like the abstract rap people have been recomending. i recomend these guys they could actually make you nod your head.

if your into hip hop flavor stuff b-boys would listen to you might like

brother ali i recomend him the most out of all underground rappers, every time i listen to his CDs he is slowly becoming one of my favorites of all time. if you only listen to one person i recomend i recomend you listen to him

zion i

louis logic

self scientific

OC

imortal technique

little brother

slug/atmosphere

murs

afu ra

pharohe monch

if you like battle type rappers with crazy punchlines and word play you might like

MC juice

vakill

canibus alot of people dont like his voice but if you could look past it he is one of the best out

chino xl

tonedeff

pack FM

qwel
copywrite

rise not really a battler but he has some of the best word play and punches.

Cunninlynguist (look at burklor's post)

if your into guys that are kind of political

dead prez(good when they aint racist towards white people

jedi mind tricks not really to political but they have alot of them, i just dont know were else they would go under. they are dope and they dot sound like anyone else out right now

non phixion

semi mainstream guys that get not respect or radio/ video play

mos def one of the dopest ever but isnt really underground or mainstream

cormega probabley the best street rapper since pac
big L

AZ

twista

common

talib kweli

the roots

active legends that most mainstream heads dont know about/ forgot

rakim shocking how many people dont know who he is
gangstar
Krs one
masta ace

Crysis 09-07-03 02:51 AM

i would reccomend all of the ones c section did but i would like to add a another..

Acey Alone - i dont really know where to put him as in genre......i think he is just flat out dope

N-Demik 09-07-03 09:21 AM

Quote:
N-Demik - For now an internet rapper, one of my fav's. Battle rhymer, intellegent, deep. Check him out- www.soundclick.com/ndemik

Awwwww J....You Know How To Make Me Smile..LoL... :p

Hmmmmm

C-Rayz Walz - Dope
iCON The Mic King - Dope
Mac Lethal - Dope
Illogic - Dope
Memphis Reigns & Genelec - Dope
Blackalicious - Dope
Sole - Fucking Incredible(If Thats How You'd Describe Him)
Sage Francis - Dope
The Living Legends (MURS, Scarub, The Grouch, Eligh, Luckyiam. PSC..Etc) - Dope Crew
EL-P - Immaculate Beats And An Aesop Rockesque Rhymescheme...Although Technically EL-P Had It In The First Place... :rolleyes:

Beh I Can't Be Bothered To Carry On...I Was Just Gonna Freepost In Here..... *Laughs @ C-section*

Dope Wax 09-07-03 10:28 AM

^Damn, beat me to Living Legends. :P

MfDoom - Dope

C-Section 09-07-03 11:36 AM

booo sole is garbage.

i forgot about ikon and c rayz walz

N-Demik 09-07-03 01:13 PM

Quote:
booo sole is garbage.

Bollocks... :p Hes About As Abstract As They Come..... If You Like Abstract... :rolleyes:

Split-eyez 09-07-03 04:07 PM

aight
atmosphere - is prolly one of the best out there
the roots - but they not that underground anymore
planet asia - same for them but they still have dope tracks
dilated peoples
mos def - he just a legend