RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   is it ok to have rehursed punches in a battle? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=86275)

^Visual Talent^* 10-18-03 02:24 AM

is it ok to have rehursed punches in a battle?

just a question thats been gettin to me, like,,does "jin" have his whole 30-seconds of freestyle already rehursed before he battles? is this wat most cats do? is this wat alot of cats do?

And do cats have fresh and rehursed PUNCHES that they bust in freestyles? is this normal??

hollah back.

peace.

LM 10-18-03 09:18 AM

Yeah i think it's completely normal. Everybody's probably thought bout what they wanna say at some time and when they've thought of somethin they've wrote it down.

N-Demik 10-18-03 10:21 AM

Everyone Has Rehearsed Stuff...They're Just Looking For The Right Sounding Beat To Execute A Couple Of Practiced Bars To, So It Stays On Beat N All..Although Some People Do Tend To Kick Total Filler In Battles..They Normally Lose :rolleyes:

^Visual Talent^* 10-19-03 05:58 AM

but wouldnt ya be more likely to win, if ya had bars and bars of rehursed punches that wer always at the top of ya tougue, and ya wer spittin them, wouldnt that be better than a cat just cummin straight of the top??

LM 10-19-03 06:07 AM

I think almost everybody has rehurst what they wanna say. Especially mainstream MC's. So when you see or hear somebody like Jay Z or Eminem or whoever freestylin, their probably not freestylin. Not anymore anyway, it's too risky for them to freestyle now.

^Visual Talent^* 10-19-03 06:14 AM

shit!!! then whats the point of main-stream rappers even claimin freestylin!! lol, gawd damn, yo, does all this mean that no-body ever has pure freestyles? no-one would ever be good enough to be classed "ill" and be spittin EVERY word off the top??

^Visual Talent^* 10-19-03 06:15 AM

is there such thing as an "ill" cat that spits EVERYWORD off the top and is classed "ill"??

LM 10-19-03 06:29 AM

Maybe, maybe not. I dunno. The chances are that everybody has an idea of what their gonna say. Whether it's the full verse or just a few bars or somethin. The best place to look is underground MC's coz like I said mainstream rappers tend to avoid freestylin now. Can you imagin eminem doin a really bad freestlye now after his past in the rap olympics. It could fuck his career up, so he just avoids it.

^Visual Talent^* 10-19-03 06:52 AM

hahaha, yeah i feel that, but i was thinkin, these underground cats that have hot as frees, they would prolly have pre's, i think it natural, i think its normal, not a whole spit, jus a lil verse or bar, i mean...that is why we memorize that shit isnt it?

menolin 10-19-03 07:12 AM

yeah, but some cats an ladys still freestyle,

2 pac use to make all his songs, by writin the first few words, an the freestylin the rest,
so does
Rah Digga,
Jay-z
biggie smalls(RIP)
an a lotta othr cats

LM 10-19-03 09:12 AM

It all comes down to how confident the rapper is at freestylin and shit. But when mainstream rappers say their freestylin on trl or whatever. Dont believe them coz their probably not. Underground MC's are the best ones to watch and study.

Alchemy 10-19-03 10:58 AM

Everyone rehurses there shit if you into something big, you don't want to slip or do something stupid like that so you reherse, for freestylin, you got no need to reherse.

redragon 10-19-03 11:01 AM

In my view it's okay.Cause you might be thinking of this tight punch then wait like a hour later without writting it down they you'll regrett it.

D-Dizzle 10-19-03 11:30 AM

EVERYBODY has rehersed lines in the holster just in case....Juice, Eyedea, Sage...... Jigga, Em, Llyod Banks... mainstream, on the internet, underground.....don't let somebody put you in the okie-doke and fool you in a battle like...yo, we comin' stright of the top of the head...and you like 'aiight" you bumblin' fumbling with words, and the other cat is smooth with his becasue he has couple of back up lines in case he stalls out. I think its a plus if you come off the top..especailly in battles..but don't put all your money on just off the top shit..have some shit ready too.....espeacially if your able to get in front of a pretty large crowd and you need to showcase your skillz, don't be a damn fool.....

En?gma 10-19-03 11:43 AM

eminem he even said so in this book of lyrics