RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What MC's Changed the Most? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=94175)

MP~PHASIZ 11-24-03 10:17 PM

What MC's Changed the Most?

I would have to say Eminem. Listen to Infinite than listen to The Eminem Show...you'll see what I mean.

Baron Mynd 11-24-03 10:21 PM

Sure, Stan ..

Id say Rakim, kids changed his styles with the times and always stayed one of the greats..

Baron Mynd 11-24-03 10:23 PM

Quote:
Listen to Infinite than listen to The Eminem Show...you'll see what I mean.

Thats not changing, thats falling off. Tracks like squaredance are so fucking retarded its like he's just stringing together whatever words he can to make them rhyme to a beat.

Bleh..

MP~PHASIZ 11-24-03 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Camarac
Id say Rakim, kids changed his styles with the times and always stayed one of the greats..

Word!^

That's true too..

Dez 11-24-03 10:26 PM

wordizzle..

i would have to say Slug.

Sevens Travels was clearly aimed to be commercial, my proof is the fact that Trying to Find a Balance has a commercial beat combined with commercial lyrics, plus the fact that they practically shoved it down MTV's throats.

Slug lovers dont defend him, its true.

Crysis 11-24-03 10:26 PM

yea theres a big difference between changing and falling off......id have to say ...shit idunno

Accelerate 11-24-03 10:29 PM

I would say Nas
ILLmatic is definately a classic. Even to this day, it remains a pretty complex album and defined his signature style. Then It Was Written dropped, he tasted money, and after 2 years rap had been changing to money talk. I am..dropped and he was really a mainstream artist, songs like Money is my bitch, and Dr. Knockboot, showed a falling off. Nastradamus dropped and people consdered his legacy over. Stillmatic dropped and he returned to his roots, but not fully, with coming of age tracks like "Rewind" and "one Mic" that if they would've appeared on Illmatic, it'd probably be the best album ever, bar none. The Lost Tapes dropped, showing fans what should've made I am... a Classic. God's Son Dropped, and he still hasn't fell off from his return. Also, taking care of Jigga on Stillmatic to show his fans that he was back to Nasty.

Crysis 11-24-03 10:30 PM

da fuck??? ^banned

Baron Mynd 11-24-03 10:30 PM

^ No.

MP~PHASIZ 11-24-03 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Camarac

Thats not changing, thats falling off. Tracks like squaredance are so fucking retarded its like he's just stringing together whatever words he can to make them rhyme to a beat.

Bleh..

I never said changed for the better, I just said changed the MOST.

Baron Mynd 11-24-03 10:34 PM

Quote:
Bleh..

Dimez 11-24-03 10:44 PM

I have noooooo idea?

Mr.Christensen 11-24-03 11:35 PM

biggest change LL cool J
at one time he was a tight lyricist and was feared in a battle
10 albums later he is what murder inc wants to be, greatest rapper about RB...dont get me wrong "hey lover" gets heavy rotation on my mp3player but i wish he was "hard" again....his canibus battle was good.... but i wanted him vs kool mo dee!

0==)IcEbUrG==> 11-24-03 11:43 PM

Thats easy and i think every1 would agree wit this one (except the 8mile era but even those ones should know)

Snoop

Trah Siph 11-25-03 05:28 AM

Eminem..Bringin forward that point by cam....True as fuck...He changed more than Michael Jackson'z face...Infinate n Slim Shady LP = ILL ORIGIANLITY

EMINEM SHOW= Laughable shit