View Single Post
Old 12-28-03, 09:52 PM   #17
~RaPiDfIrE~
Light Weight

IP:

fuck no underground won't take over mainstreme...underground music is underground for a reason...not necessarily saying that underground rappers are bad or anything but look at it like this...

what type of person listens to underground hiphop? underground rappers usually listen to underground hiphop to find influences (or found influences already)...a lot of people listen to underground shit to listen to something diffrent, that everyone else doesn't listen to...you don't see a wide audience listening to underground emcees..it's because it takes intelligence to listen to underground rappers..people want to hear shit that they can dance to in the club, and w/ hooks that they can walk around and sing and that are easy to remember....I mean imagine someone walking around at school trying to sing one of canibus's 7 minute, no hook songs..lol that would never happen..

however I think some underground rappers might make it to the mainstreme ears...every mainstreme rapper was underground at some time...maybe they didn't have an underground album but they were unknown at once...look at Eminem, and 50 cent for example..both were underground, unknown rappers at one time and now u hear they shit everywhere...I could easily see like, Tech N9ne on MTV2, possibly MTV...b/c he has enough songs that u can dance to in the club, he has catchy hooks, tite ass live shows, good video concepts, and to top it off he has enough alternative style songs to keep the underground fans interested....there's a few other rappers that I see like that, and I believe the only reason they're underground is b/c they don't have the advertising power that they need...

peace