View Single Post
Old 01-01-04, 05:37 AM   #1
The Necromancer
Atra Ludio or Hip-Hop?

Expanding rapbattles.com (Making it something more)

IP:

Members: 19,816 | Threads: 56,762 | Posts: 511,437

Read that. That is nearly twenty thousand members. Over fifty thousand threads. And over five hundred thousand posts. By my persice calculations thats actually a dismal twenty five posts per person.

But...

When you realize that rapbattles.com has been shown to be a place to kick back and spend time, wouldn't it stand to reason that this place should be MORE than just a forum for rap battling? Hell, there are some days I don't even feel like reading poetry, yet I still manage to have something to say here in Emcee Interaction. (Shameful, yes. Truthful, also yes.)

And what I'm thinking is more than just an arcade. I'm thinking for starters, a news bulletin. All Hip-Hop and rap related articles that can be found should be posted up on the main page followed by a thread in a news forum where people can post comments and discuss things. People should be allowed to submit articles they can find from various sources and even be allowed to write articles of their own to submit. (All should of course be cleared by some sort of managing editor.)

Y'know what else I'm thinking? And this can easily be done with shoutcast.com or something and someone with a decent computer, but we should have an internet radio station. A good idea would be that it would circulate between two types of music. Either music highly preferred by members of rapbattles.com (Polls can be taken to determine such things) and have music by actual rapbattles.com artists (Be great exposure for those that don't frequent audio.) You could switch between those two every other day or something.

And fuck... a rapbattles.com comic strip wouldn't be that bad of an idea either. (Hell, if you couldn't get server space here you could always use something like keenspace.) If I could come up with scripts, I could do the comic myself. (I already had that one idea where everyone is some sort of anthropomorphic animal and it takes place in a jewish ghetto of nineteen fourtys germany and tentacle monsters run the place.)

Yes, I know I'm just babbling on and on, but somewhere within my ramblings is a semi-decent idea. The problem is something is only as good as what one puts into it. Would anyone be willing to put anything into it? I'd hate for this idea to go through and have no one appreciate it.

But... whatever. What are all of your thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rb.com 01-03.jpg (33.4 KB, 130 views)