View Single Post
Old 01-12-04, 08:54 PM   #18
chi_illin22

IP:

Sorry if this is a topic that no oneis payin attention to anymore but I was doin a search for Juice and this came up as one of the search results... after reading it I couldnt help but register and give everyone the final answer and the real truth as to what s goin on with Juice.

Juice's first "album" was "100% Juice"... although that isnt an actual Juice release it was put together by a Chi-Town DJ named Risky Bizness. The sound quality on the album is very poor however to crrect the person that said there were only a few real songs,,, thats false.... most tracks on that album are 100% legit. Juice was mixed into some songs like that Jay-Z track for example but most of that album was very legit as far as them being real songs. Tracks like 'Key To The City', 'Freestyle or Written', "Applause" with fellow chicago mc EC Illa.... and the Chicago street anthem "Il-Advised" featuring Capital D of All Natural are just some of the tracks that stand out.... again though, sound quality is poor.

After that Juice kind of disappeared. Juice many times would be scheduled to do shows and never show up and then sometimes he would just pop up at a show even though he wasnt expected.... he did some tracks that snuck out on the underground but never turned up on an album such as the Molemen produced "in the trenches". But for the most part Juice grew a huge repuation as a rapper who was very talented but didnt have much passion for it.

In 2001 Juice turned up on the "Molemen present: Chicago City Limits" album doin a track with Vakill called "Urban Legend" which was a follow up to 'out the speakers', and a track called "Nasty".

Once again Juice then disappeared.

In late 2002/early 2003 Juice started to record tracks here and there with the Molemen. These tracks werent really expected to be on any album because like I said before Juice didnt show much heart for this stuff. He would bust ass and record 3 or 4 trakcs in a day or two then he would disappear for 3 months. Then hed come back and do a few more tracks and disappear again. When I say disappear I mean he wouldnt return phone calls or emails or anything. In the middle of 2003 Juice not only from time to time recorded with the Molemen he also recsrded some stuff with Russian born producer DJ Vadim. At the time fans didnt know what was goin on cuz Juice kept a low profile not doin many shows if any at all and blowin off shows like usual.

Finally just a few months ago two new albums popped up out of nowhere at some chicago record shops. And when I say they came out of nowhere NOBODY knew he was releasing albums even the Molemen who produced all of one of the 2 albums. Juice always had a copy of his masters he recorded and basically released these albums on his own. The albums were called "Tip Of The Iceberg" and "Listen 2 The Words"..... Iceberg consisted of those tracks he has been radmoly recording with the Molemen while L2TW consisted of the tracks he did with Vadim in this time.

Panik of the Molemen openly admitted to not having any knowledge of these albums being released up until seeing them on the shelf at the record store. He said he didnt have a chance to fine tune and master any of the final production and that is evident. Even though the beats are dope you cant tell they werent mastered yet. Tip Of the Iceberg was/is the more successful of the two albums because these albums are only being sold in Chicago to my knowledge and "Iceberg" has many tracks showing love for the city as wellas it is produced by Chicago's own legendary Molemen as where the other album is from DJ Vadim and doesnt have the "Chi-town love" theme in many tracks. Both these albums again arent 100% cd quality although they are 1000 times better quality than 100% Juice was. They look to be recorded on CD-R's and that just goes to proove Juice released these albums on his own and had no consent from the Molemen (i cant speak for vadim)

As of right now where thigns stand with Juice are this....

A few weeks ago someone asked on the Molemen message board what was up with Juice... Panik of the Molemen said they are no longer going to work together (unfortunatly) due to the fact that Juice seemed so spacey with his behavior. On one hand you gotta respect Juice for not wanting the fame and the pressure of being a big time artist... but at the same time you understand what Panik is saying cuz Juice blows off shows, studio time, and recording sessions regularly and released these album with getting NO consent from his producers (i dont know how the $$ aspect of sales is working between them)... Panik said he is done working with Juice forever unless Juice can agree to let him and the Molemen get 100% control and all the masters of any work they would do in the future. Knowing Juice, personally this is something he wont go for. So that leaves Juice without production and promotion. Someone with Juices skill will find production and promotion Im sure but the Juice that was rippin shit up before always had the Molemen right behind everythign he did.... As of 2 or 3 months ago this no longer is the case.

After Panik expalined the Juice situation Juice then made his first ever appearance on the Molemen message board and said "when the weather starts to get cold his fans will start feelin the heat" and he posted a website address...... The address is www.juicemc.com ...... He said this about 2 months ago and here in Chicago the weather has been cold for a while now and his website is still underconstruction.... it has a pic oh Juice and says "coming soon".... so once agin this brings up the question was Juice once again making a false statement saying "when the weather is cold you will feel my heat", starting a website, then once again disappearing..... OR is Juice putting a ton of effort into this and getting ready to make a name for himself nation wide? For those of us who have followed Juice we know the safe bet is he once again is blowin us all off.... but we can always hope.

As of now from what Juice has said 2004 is gonna be the year Juice blows up.... he put those 2 albums out in late 2003 and they have done well considering they got no promotion and are only sold in a handful of stores. From the impression Juice is giving he did this to keep his name on the streets as he prepares his 1st "MAJOR" release on his new label C.A.L.I. records and his new crew the conglomorats (elliot ness and maintain). So technically if he is being truthful 2004 could be the year Juice blows up. he will get his website up and goin, get his first big time release into stores and make a name for himself....... however if youw anna go off Juices past history this is all talk and he will once again disappear and then sometime about 6 months from now pop up from nowhere do a show or two record 3 or 4 tracks then disappear again.

So to answer the orignal question nobody knows exactly what is up with Juice... but thats where thigns stand now

check out these sites for more info

www.juicemc.com (juices own webpage still being built)

www.molemen.com (very informative for all of chicago rap and hip hop... but mentioning Juice's name in the message forum is something you gotta do at your own riwsk.... panik and many die-hard molemen fans are not to happy with Juice currently)

and you can email juice at thejuicemc@yahoo.com although he responds when he feels like it