View Single Post
Old 01-23-04, 08:01 PM   #17
wogzta

IP:

Eminem IS falling off, whether you like it or not. His peak was in 2001. He started out with an underground lyrical style, but his delivery was weak and his album was generic (not to mention a imitation of Illmatic). Then he released the Slim Shady and Marshall Mathers LP's which weren't quite as good lyrically, but it was a good tradeoff. He lowered his lyrics but his delivery became far more passionate, and his subject matter became more interesting (fucked up yes, but interesting too). Personally, I am not a fan of an album where half the songs are battles, maybe one or two, but not half. His production was also far better. He kept all his 1999-2000 energy into 2001 with collabs like "Renagade", but after 2001 everything became gangsta, leave me alone, Ja Rule and Benzino suck.

He might be selling more than ever, but becoming lyrically average from being lyrically strong and becoming just another gangsta rapper is called "falling off". Unless Eminem brings something original out in 2004, he's in trouble.

I sure don't want an album full of songs like "Go To Sleep".