View Single Post
Old 01-27-04, 12:57 PM   #29
Gunman tha Great

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...OpeY...
^they didnt lower them. certain stores are taking a hit in profit so people will actually buy the cds. the labels are still getting the same huge cut from the sales. and like I said b4... 98% of musicians can't eat off CD sales even if they go multiplatinum. Do your homework before you discuss such topics.

Also, phate... the online music purchasing would be fair if the artists recieved a proper cut, but the artists still dont get paid from the song sales. they only get a fraction of a cent for each song. Meanwhile the record labels are still charging for such things as distribution, manufacturing and packaging. Again, the rich corporate companies found a way to turn a good deal into more greed. I do subscribe to Napster because it is a decent alternative to stealing but I only listen to the tracks. I would never buy the actual tracks. People think it is a compromise but its not. the record companies are taking advantage more with online sales than anything else. They charge $1 for each track. If you want a whole CD with 20 tracks you would pay $20 for the CD. They're making more and their expenses are WAY less. Like I said... if u wanna support the artist, send them a buck in the mail. theyll make WAY more profit that way.

Yes the labels did lower them.Def Jam,and Universal both lowered their recommended cd prices by 5 dollars.