Thread: I-Pods
View Single Post
Old 01-27-04, 08:42 PM   #10
varentao

IP:

I got an MD player for doing some work for somebody. Was going to get an iPOD like thing, but had problems with stock.

Was actually by Ministry of Sound. 30GB. About the size of the new Gameboys. 10 hour battery life (which you is maybe 7 hours with higher volume). And recharges in an hour (due to lithium battery). It weighed a bit much. But only a bit. And i heard the iPOD is lighter anyway.

It's meant to be a bit slow at times. As it has a harddrive in it. And can sometimes make noise which'll interfere with sound. Though once again, may not do so in the iPOD. But worth checking out to see if it does.

iPOD looks good. Feels good. And is ergonomic in design and size. But navigating arond it is a bit akward. They say you can't scroll through tracks without listening to them. So instead of going through them and THEN selecting them. You scroll through and each one you select plays.

I wouldn't pay money for one of these. Well, not the amount they ask. The minimum they ask that is.

But hey, it depends on how much you're prepared to pay. And how important carrying so much music around is to you.