Old 01-30-04, 12:08 AM   #8
Word Bond
Flyweight

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspire
5%erZ?

Isn't that a old RB crew? =/

yeah and they still push that on other boards too. they bit the name talkin bout 5% of emcee is dope or some shit

anyways

the real 5%ers
A group which started as an offshoot of the NoI. They teach that any large group of people, and more specifically, the African American nation, can be divided into three groups, the 85% = basically the ignorant masses which need to be led, the 5% = the people with true knowledge of self whose job it is to lead the masses and fight against the 10%, the 10% = people who have partial knowledge of self and use it to gain power and wealth by exploiting the 85, also referred to as "bloodsuckers of the poor". The chosen percentages are what they feel that the percentages are within the black community. These numbers are neither universal (all though these groups do exist within any large group) nor unchangeable. "That'll be the day the five percent eat swine" -- Dred Scott (Breakin' combs [1994]).

edit: my 100th post and to think only reason i came back to this cause my other site was down