View Single Post
Old 02-01-04, 05:44 AM   #47
wogzta

IP:

The reason Eminem was one of the only rappers I listened to was because, as you stated - I live in Australia. I dont have easy access to underground hip-hop like you do, and this site and some others are the first time I was able to find out about new music that was coming from the underground. I had a poor internet connection with a strict download limit before I got my own job meaning I couldn't go around downloading 10 songs a day, and I'm not willing to go around throwing $30 everytime a new album came out. Is it my fault that I don't have easy access to non-mainstream music?

And I dont know if you agree with me or not, but at the time, Eminem was one of the only good mainstream rappers around. I listened to Jay-Z and Nas as well, and some other ones like Xzibit.

In case you want to know, I started listening to hip-hop in 1995. True, I was only 7-8 years old, but I still knew what I liked. Since then, 2pac and Biggie have both been killed, their posthumous albums not being anything special. Nas only had Stillmatic which was recently released and was good. DMX hadn't released anything I liked since 1999.

Therefore, without underground access and a slowdown of good commercial music, I was limited to Jay-Z and Eminem.

The only point I'm trying to make is that you shouldn't attack people for listening to music that you personally don't like. I don't like 2pac much, but I don't go around shouting at people that he sucks and that they're idiots for listening to him.

And you tried to prove Canibus was dope by comparing him to "nerd" rappers and saying he's better, which for the most part, he is.

Sorry if I pissed you off or anything, but it wasn't my intention.