Thread: The Anti Fine
View Single Post
Old 02-04-04, 10:05 AM   #4
L.A.STR~E~TZ
Middle Weight

IP:

To start it off, Great poem.

I really, and I mean really, hate to read poems that dont rhyme. For this piece, I didnt care at all that it didnt rhyme, mostly because it is short and very interestingly written. The length of the poem made it seem like a simple poem, simple in the aspect of the difficulty of writing it. I think this kind of poem is very hard to do and at the same time have a deep message. I'm glad that I was able to read this poem for a number of reasons.

1.message:the message "freedom of speech" is a topic that I'm very familiar with, I wanted to write a poem with the same topic but my gay ass computer is broke(I'm using my school comp) I like how the emotions about freedom of speech seem to conflict each other, but also are similar.

2.way it was written:i like how it was formatted, very unsual but very simple yet easy to like. There is also repettion to keep the message in the mind of the reader, I liked the way it repeated alot. The length made it a fast read, but it also was deep, so the length made it easy for the reader to come back to the piece and to understand it.

3.The end: the end of the poem (like necromancer said) is very well done, almost humorous, but also in a way serious. made it have a "cool" aspect to the poem.

fav lines:"freedom of speech, lies to the people who love it;
if you care, then it doesn't apply to you.

freedom of speech, lies to the people who use it;
if I cared, it would surely apply to me."

very good poem, i hope u make another one like this.

-Sleepy-