View Single Post
Old 02-04-04, 03:14 PM   #57
Aisle Phive
AKA Cereal Shelf

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The End
If you actually make music, then I wouldn't categorize you as a textcee. I am more aiming at the people that simply write text, and consider themselves a dope emcee or rapper.

That's not me at alll. I don't even rap, I don't look like the type to rap, a few people know I do. But I don't consider myself an emcee, I don't even plan on doing audio. Audio takes skill, but if you sound commercial, then you can sell anything. Even if the lines suck, you can have songs that are just 'club bangers' or something you listen to while you drive. If I actually planned on rapping, I would have gotten the audio equipment by now. Text as you call it, is more like a hobby I have to kill some time. Sure audio takes skill, as in getting on beat, flowing, sounding good, quality, writing skills to a point. But pure writing takes much more skill than audio, there are few audio heads that are decent at text. I know Salvation is pretty dope at text and audio, a few others as well. But just writing, making it sound witty, the wording, the fresh concepts, how hard each line hits, the flow, the set up, and everything else is a factor. And it's much harder to impress a veteran on a rap site than just any ordinary person. Which is why when I hear some kid at my school, saying how "this line is ill" or "this rapper is dope" I can laugh to myself, cause they have no idea what's good and what isn't. That's why commercial rap is so big n sells so much, period.

..Remember These Dope Kids?..

.................................................. .
Send a message via AIM to Aisle Phive   Reply With Quote