View Single Post
Old 02-05-04, 01:41 AM   #9
Jes
Light Weight

IP:

Not to be the cynical one, but there aren't many ethnicities involved with the government today. Yes there are those Colin Powell's, devoting themselves to the cause and those more self-appointed such as Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, but the truth is no one of ethnic backrground really gets involved in it. We should focus on getting more color in to congress and senate than to focus on presidential issues. Like End said, racisim still exists, oppression is over, but the fear and hatred still continues, and in my opinion more so now than before. No offense to any who take offense, but no one can take an african-american canidate like al sharpton seriously, i mean what has he really done that prove he is global? His standpoint and political stance are questionable, let alone his approach and tactics.

I just also wanted to comment about Thrust post.
Quote:
you don't have to be a white male to be the president

technically you do... under our constitution, the president of united states of america must be at least 35 years old (give or take some years), protestant, a citizen by birth, blah blah politics blah blah, and of European decent... this is just one of many things stated in the constitution thats been outdated and neglected. In fact there was an amendment that still was unchanged until about 10 years ago, a white man could hang a black man if he was on his property.