Thread: Stolen Titles?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-04, 01:14 PM   #5
DaGyrlRemarqabL
..A New Breed of Femcee..

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn2687
I back ya.....no-matter how good you are you dont get in legends if your name isnt camarac, chrit...etc

My name isnt Camarac or Chrit and I'm in legends three times. Maybe there are a lot of vets in the legends forums but those vets are there because of their talent, not their post count..At least I hope they are..Most talent comes from practice and experience and seeing the older members have been here longer, it explains why some of them are better than the newer members..This isn't always the case though.

I don't think anyone should be declined of a legends position strictly because of their post count..If a piece of writing is one of the best the site has ever seen, then it deserves to be in Legends..the end..Yet I can understand how a mod or someone judging what goes in and what doesn't wouldn't want a piece from someone who's been here a week who will probably be gone next week..Doesn't seem very legendary..Still, quality over quantity is right..

The best thing would be to have a system where when a piece was nominated, all the judges or whomever would see the text/hear the audio only, without knowing whose it was or how many posts they have..Then no one could complain about anyone being biased or whatever..But that would be next to impossible to do..