Thread: Stolen Titles?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-04, 01:41 PM   #9
self
one wink

IP:

What you said about him not being here long enough I really don’t like. That’s just pushing people away from staying here longer.
And no, being a mod doesn’t get you into Legends. The whole reason why a lot of Legends are also mods is pretty obvious and normal. They have been here a while and gained respect, as well as the ability to write. One part gets them the modship, the other into Legends. And also, a lot of the mods beef between themselves, so it’s not as tight of a clan as everyone seems to think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn2687
I back ya.....no-matter how good you are you dont get in legends if your name isnt camarac, chrit...etc

You have 5 posts and have been here since February. What I said before about not being here long enough...Penskills has been here for a little bit, you have five posts, and joined this month. I wouldn't vote a persons piece into Legends if they only had five posts. Who's to say they'll even post again? Legends is a respect factor for the members who are loyal to the site, and great rappers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGyrlRemarqabL
My name isnt Camarac or Chrit and I'm in legends three times. Maybe there are a lot of vets in the legends forums but those vets are there because of their talent, not their post count..At least I hope they are..Most talent comes from practice and experience and seeing the older members have been here longer, it explains why some of them are better than the newer members..This isn't always the case though.

Case in point exactly. I'm in there once I think...so yeah, doesn't really reflect the "mods get in there" side of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGyrlRemarqabL
The best thing would be to have a system where when a piece was nominated, all the judges or whomever would see the text/hear the audio only, without knowing whose it was or how many posts they have..Then no one could complain about anyone being biased or whatever..But that would be next to impossible to do..

Maybe not. That's a great idea...I'll look into it a bit more.
Send a message via AIM to self   Reply With Quote