View Single Post
Old 02-10-04, 07:05 PM   #82
bouncedoggydog
"Cuz bruk said so"

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by varentao

By the way, everyone at Mensa? Er, i know some people at Mensa. Not all of them are as sharp as one may think. Mensa has its flaws you know...IQ tests have their flaws.

So correct V, as usual. Mensa is full of smart indiviuals, but doesn't mean your a genius if your in. I am a Mensa member and so are many others at my company, but none are worthy of the label 'Genius'... like I said before this is too broad of a question, but if everyone lists those they hold in that regard (genius or great thinker), then no one is wrong. Mensa is just another group to which I belong, I don't view my membership as anything special. Just another group... Could be the local bridge club or hikers club, just happens to be that I am good at solving problems, no big deal. Just like the IQ score, it's not a true reflection of someones potential or talents. It's just a way to measure yourself against others. Shit I've taken many IQ tests, yet I know so many people who are so much more intellegent than I will ever be, yet I do better on tests then them. It's not all that important in the real world, because where my test scores prevail, their practicle knowledge blows me out the water.