View Single Post
Old 02-11-04, 08:15 PM   #21
varentao

IP:

Well, my 'best' sporting moments in terms of watching it was probably...Manchester United v Bayern Munich in the European Champions Leage final in 1999.

1-0 down. Struggling to create any real chances. Bayern come close to scoring 2-3 tiomes. Including an easy chance by Jancker which he hits against the bar/post. Solskjaer and Sheringham are brought on as late substitutes. Now...tis a corner. The goalkeeper has gone up to join the attack. It's the last few minutes. It's put in...but it's headed out or something. Then Giggs picks it up and strikes it...kind of mishit it falls to the sub Sheringham who pokes it into the back of the net. Equaliser. Then...minutes later...Solskjaer(the other sub) scores from another corner by hitting it middle-high into the back of the net. Within a matter of minutes....the 'closing' minutes...they came from 1-0 down to win 2-1. In the biggest CLUB compeitition in the world.

Er, i guess cos it's still so relatively recent, it sticks in the mind.

Worst? Well, i don't let sport get me down. But my worst was probably when England (yes, i was following England!) were knocked out of Euro 96' against Germany. Such an enormous chance at winning a major trophy missed.

Or being knocked out against Brazil in World Cup 02'. Such a good chance of winning it. Crud defensive tactics by Eriksson not accomodating for Scholes was part of downfall.

Oh aye, all football.

Though there's a fair few non-football moments i could think of. None top those...not off the top of me head anyway.