View Single Post
Old 02-12-04, 08:38 PM   #3
bouncedoggydog
"Cuz bruk said so"

IP:

This is a great film, it the most powerful movie on the subject I have ever seen. Yes, I was in on a private screening, it pays to be active in the political arena. I have been following this very close for about 4 months now. I understand how some groups feel this film can incite antisemitic feelings in ignorant people. Ignorant being the key word, because anyone of faith or intellegence understands Jesus was born to die. Not only die but suffer for the sins of man. I doubt devote christains are going to be apualed by the role of the jews in this film. This movies matches up scene for scene with scripture. It's ntohing we have not read before, we under stand how pilot was porytrayed in scripture and we expect to see such in the film. Yet to date no other film in my mind and that of many others, has been so true to scripture. It's truly a remarkable accomplishment onthe part of everyone involved in it's production. Mel Gibson has won me over with this film. I suggest those who are unaware of the movie and it's contraversy go and read the review on Micheal Savage's home page for the savage nation. He did this movie justice in his review as well as Denis prager and luara ingram.

This film from start to finsih was breath taking, the scene where Marry is following her son and weeping is beyond description. I was moved to tears and I am not embarrased to say so here. Outstanding peice of motion picture history, Mel Gibson has achevied what noone else has, in my mind. It's just a great picture and you must see it, no matter your religious affiliation, you will be moved. People are focusing on who put Christ to death and insisting that the wicked portrayl of Jews in this film will cause a new cycle of antisemitisim. The romans were just as wicked in this film, as a matter of fact I think it's a great depiction of human evil on all fronts. The satanic entity is kind of yodaish, but none the less works. I do not want to give too much away here, but I think Mel Gibson foreseen the opposition to this film. I say that because in the scene where Jesus is nailed to the stake, the hand that you see on screen is Mel Gibsons. I loved the metaphoric display here, Mel is suggesting that we as a 'people' sealed Jesus' faith, not anyone in particular. Our sins are what brought about his death, and so it is written and soit is portrayed in this film. My hats off to Mr gibson on a job welll done.