Thread: Canada's Dope.
View Single Post
Old 02-17-04, 02:35 PM   #51
Phate
Middle Weight

IP:

Personally I think the attack on his military record is pointless. Does it really matter how much time he spent in the reserves 30 years ago. The way I see it, unless he wasn't in the reserves at all what does it matter about the minor details. It's not like the experience in the reserves is imperative to his ability to be president.

Regardless, I don't understand why this is even an issue right now. If the Democrats were starved for issues to debate going into the election I could understand this kind of petty fingure pointing. But with the War in Iraq, War on Terrorism, the Economy, the Budget, Gay Marriage, etc. why even bother with such a minor allegation. Of course it's the kind of thing that will get media attention, but I don't think it's going to change the mind of bush supporters. Further, it was brought up during the first election and didn't make a difference then.

Of course the republicans have negative campaining out already as well. And I think it's just as useless. I suppose some voters by into this kind of thing. But I think the majority of undecided voters will vote for whoever has the best plan going forward. What happened in the past doesn't matter. If the Democrats can convince the people that they can manage the War in Iraq, the War on terrorism, economy, etc. better than the rebulicans can, then they will win.

Personally, I think it's a bit condecending to be attacking the conservative leader of the states on minor technicalities that happened 30 years ago while our own Liberal leader is currently under fire for a present scandal of a much larger importance. Correct me if i'm wrong but I think this is the kind of fingure pointing by Canadians that agravates americans such as bounce. Do US political issues effect Canada? Yes. Do Canadian political issues effect Canada much, much more that US political issues? Yes. If we want the best for Canada then we should be focusing on Canadian politics 90% of the time and US politics 10% of the time. Not the other way around.

Of course the same could be said for american forieng policy. That it should focus more internally before telling others what to do because the changes they make internally will have a much larger impact than those that are made internationally. Still, just because they do it doesn't me it's right for us to do it as well.
<B><font size=4 face="still time"><A href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/21stavenueproductions.htm">21st Ave Productions</A></font></b><font size=5> / </font><b><FONT face=gunplay size=4><a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/knockoutzcru.htm">KnocKOuTz</a></FONT></SIZE></B>

<FONT face="bankgothic md bt" size=4> Exclusive Beats for Qualified MC's</FONT></SIZE>
Send a message via AIM to Phate   Reply With Quote