Thread: LA Riots '92
View Single Post
Old 02-17-04, 02:55 PM   #4
bouncedoggydog
"Cuz bruk said so"

IP:

I was right smack in the middle of the shit. I still have a TV at my moms house looted in that riot. I was always hanging out wiht older cousins who at the time thought it would be fun to go and loot. Loot we did, our house was the party central for a long time after. we looted so much alcohol, I mean the store clerk was handing us bags as we went in, al he did was tell us not to burn the structure down. Gun stores, and many electronic stores in hunting park were among our targets. I feel stupid about it now, but that ws a very long time ago, and I did suffer a nasty gash across the whole of my chest jumping thru some cracked windows. It was such a forign sight, national gaURD WAS EVERY WHERE. I grew up in the ghetto's of LA, so I seen this first hand. We toured the area durring the first hours of the riot, until curfews were put into place. Then we just lurked around in the shadows running from the ligts of cars, as the gaurd would ruff you up if caught out after dark. It was crazy as shit during that time. Kind of reminded me of that movie Red dawn. Just my thoguhts on this subject, but yeah I was there and remember it well. Remember I am older than most on this site...