View Single Post
Old 04-28-04, 12:26 PM   #1
.::N-Sight::.
GrOwN aSs MaN

Rap is the worst artform ever invented.

IP:

First of all, I love rap. I've been listening to Hip Hop since I was 7 years old. LL Cool J and Public enemy were some of the first artists I came to respect. They were followed by Salt-N-Pepa, Biggie Smalls, and now Jay Z. However, I am a disappointed fan of hip hop at this moment. Rap has gone from expressive artform, to negative money-machine.

Just look at how the negativity in rap spills over to rap boards. You can't visit any hip hop forum without people bickering about lyrics, or being accused of being a "hater" or "dick rider". I mean, what the hell happened to just making good 'ole fashioned dope music? New artists won't even debut without "dissing" a fellow artist. I think this is a devastating effect that has decreased the musical validity of rap.

Right now, I am disgusted. I write lyrics/rhymes as a way to express what's inside of me. But, people naturally "assume" I want to be a rapper because I use this forum. Well, let me clarify something right now. I AM NOT A RAPPER. I DO NOT WANT TO BE A RAPPER. I am just an avid fan of hip hop. So, competition from me won't occur.

I just wish we could all lay aside the bull sh*t and return to the essence of hiphop, a wonderful culture with dope music.

Nuff Said...