View Single Post
Old 04-28-04, 09:08 PM   #8
KISI
atlas the vagabond

aight

IP:

this was a good battle, you two. Props to both gentlemen. But here's the verdict.

hydroponic_buzz-You had nice flow, and rapid delivery. the words flowed together and connected well(hydroponic finds these flows while smokin' demonic chronic/
gin an' tonic power the punches an' keep them harmonic/). What one likes the most about a verse is being able to say it to yourself, as you're reading it and it sounding nice. Which in this case it did. What had me lost was the second line though.

i betcha yo' gangsta friends love gettin' head when you suck on their boz cuz/

what is boz, and how does it rhyme with circus. Thats a problem i had. but luckily you followed through wit a decent line afterwards, which kept me listening which is very essential to crowd, or in this case, reader manipulation. It was a well rounded verse in my opinion, and i liked the lenght of it. Just enough, not too much. We'll call it a satisfying quickie before work.

puertoricanelly-Good performance, it had a prizefighter format, and that's what i like. Like i said before, battling is about getting the crowd involved, and that format forces one to want to read it. Your multis were on point i liked them. And you left hydroponic with a stinging last blow before the bell rang for the end.

wit every punch ill make ya jerk back,cuz you aint worf jack
**********I dont steal from old ladies so take ya purse back***********

that was nice. However the problem was this. Your verse was too general. it didn't too much attack him directly. it was more a boast of the self rather than battling him. And i'm disappointed to say that's why you lost my vote. IF it were a more direct full on assault i think you could've taken this one. But that is what separates the battler from the freestyler. Hydroponic made direct attacks at you. So my vote goes to hydroponic.