View Single Post
Old 05-13-04, 06:40 PM   #25
aniles
New to RB

IP:

I agree. I really like Mos Def and Kanye West but, in my opinion, Talib Kweli is the best. His lyrics are unbelievable. However, Kanye has the ear of the people right now, and he's saying something positive. All three of them are conscious rappers representing real hip-hop. Yet, if I could pick one to work with, I would definitely choose Talib Kweli. I wish I could write lyrics as good as he does. His "Quality" cd is that fire.

However, "the best m.c. in the world in my eyes" is Lauryn Hill, no doubt. Alot of people don't feel her "MTV Unplugged" joint, but that's only because they're not used to an artist speaking truth to power. They're not used to hearing hip-hop that's thought-provoking, political, spiritual, honest, and uplifting. I respect Lauryn because she has the courage to be who she really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CounTREE Jay
Mos Def, but TALIB KWELI(shame on you ms spit) is betta than both of them. All 3 is madd nice, kanye gotta put more out, Talib's the best m.c. in the world in my eyes, and Mos is right behind him.

~CJ~