View Single Post
Old 06-23-04, 02:35 PM   #74
Miss. Lyricist
Custom Vet

IP:

It seems as if black and white folks have these kinda limits set for each other, but bit by bit, people are shruggin' 'em off and setting the boundaries farther back. For example, take slavery, the Civil War, and how blacks were freed. But even though they weren't slaves anymore, there were still boundaries for them. They couldn't go to white schools, couldn't touch white fountains, couldn't get a good education, could vote, etc. etc. But then people like King and X came around to change all that.

Now... when it comes to the white folks, they never had any real boundaries. They were the ones who set 'em up. However, some black didn't want whites to invade their territory. Those whites were deemed "nigga lovers" by other whites, "wanna be gangstas" or "whiggers" by blacks, and sometimes "white chocolate" by themselves, lol. They wanted to force back the boundaries that black folks had set, showing them that not all white folks are stuck up, and that they were truly interested in the black culture. Same thing with blacks when it came to being interested in the white man's education, which was very informative.

So either way, both blacks and whites have been kinda racist. I have nothin against a white dude rappin, but he has to at least look the part. I mean, I wouldn't lay a hand on that dude in the Mugshot Forum, "i ain't ugly- i'm pretty challenged", but I wouldn't stop others. lol

And I don't think that's its impossible to act a certain color. Who could grow up in a white neighborhood and not expect to "talk white"? Who could grow up in da hood and not expect to "talk black"? Regardless of your color or background, I think your surrounding can influence your personality.

Do yall feel me?

<table style=filter:glow(color=black)..>
USTED ES CARNE MUERTA
FUCKERS!
</table>
Send a message via MSN to Miss. Lyricist   Reply With Quote