View Single Post
Old 06-28-04, 04:19 AM   #15
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

I think this is what you want man... These are a few of the good techs i know of. All of them will help you elevate.

Multi's- A method of meter where you rhyme a phrase, usually with the same syllable count, which typically goes AB-AB. Example:

"I'll break-ya-neck and rake-ya-check." (Awe-dio)

> You often here people say multies are the best and if ya don't have 'em then your shit, but that's not necessarily true. Multies are excellent tools and become almost impossible not to use once you get better, but explore other things too.

Inners- It really means 'internal rhymes.' They are rhymes within a line before the end. If you have 2 multies in the same line, they are multie-inners:

Teachin "rooks n the users", "look at these losers".. i roll wit the winners
from "sunset to sun down", "son's set gets gunned down" .. now those are some inners (Awe-dio)

I know the "pain" the "game" "bring", I did the same "thing" (Wu Tang)

> Inners are great, but don't use too much of them or your shit will sound messed. The latter example of inners here shows one that's close to that (try to say it quick), but it still works.

Alliterations- Words after one another that have the same starting sounds. Examples are here:

"Terminal tactics taken in Time, like tortured turmoil toasted in twine.
Twisted in tricky troubling whines, wondering whom what where when and why."

> I think this is the easiet thing to get into first and help you improve flow. In my opinion, try these before other shit liek inners and multies if you're new.

Outro/Enders/Closers - Well I call them closers, but it's just the last bar/line of the battle.. I think they are very important and should just make jaws drop if possible. Some examples:

"So spit your second verse, and I'll predict how the peeps-vote /
The only thing your winning round here, is "best at deep-throat"..."

"Your worse, see, no punch of yours can hurt-me /
Quit talking smack before I smack ya right into verse-three..."

> These last lines are usually paid attention to the most and what the reader is left with. If you can make these good, you will most likely have a good general effect (provided you have at least something decent in your middle verse).

Call-backs- Rarely used in the forums, they should still be explained if people want to expand their arsenal.. People may not get them because they are a part of a more complex rhyme scheme. Basically, what call-backs are, is when the start of the first line rhymes the end of the second line, and the end of the first line rhymes the start of the second.... example:

Teachin a lesson, here's a mutha fuckin call-back
don't stall-jack or u'll fall-flat when i reach for the wesson (Awe-dio)

> It may look weird, but if you try to actually rap call backs, they flow pretty well most of the time.

one.