View Single Post
Old 07-26-04, 02:39 AM   #1
Know-Gimix
The Ups and Downs of Life

New Developments on Biggie Smalls Murder

IP:

New Developments in Murder of Notorious B.I.G - Whatchu know?- I just heard about the trial going fourth-- hears an article I found-- anyone hear anything more on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundgenerator.com
The case against the LAPD accepting liability in the death of rapper Christopher Wallace, a.k.a Notorious B.I.G, has finally been given the go-ahead to go to trial this year.

B.I.G was shot dead in a drive-by attack on March 9th 1997 following an after party for the Soul Train Awards in Los Angeles. His Widow Faith Evans and his mother, Voletta Wallace, filed a wrongful death suit against LAPD bosses and the city of Los Angeles in 2002, citing that senior LAPD officers "intentionally, wilfully and recklessly delayed and stopped the investigation" of the murder.

A recent pre-trial hearing saw lawyers defeat a motion to dismiss the case by the accused, paving the way for a trail date of October 5th.

Former LAPD officer David Mack and Amir Muhammad, the alleged hit man, are both accused of murdering the celebrated rapper. The LAPD moved to have the case dismissed on the grounds that Mack was off-duty during the attack and was therefore not committing a criminal act within the authority of the LAPD.

Both suspects are believed to have had access to sensitive information about policing of the Soul Train event, which was backed by the summary judgement following the pre-trial:

"It appeared that police radios were used to monitor the location and response of law enforcement to the shooting, as well as to facilitate escaping after the shooting, concealing the vehicle, and disposing of the weapon."