View Single Post
Old 08-11-04, 02:46 PM   #30
GFX.
Cypher King. True Story.

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Plague
GFX, you speak the truth about Cass and Em and Chingy, all are mostly wack.. Em has fallen off steeply..

But i dont kno why you are sayin Nas is mainstream garbage, because he is far from that. Nas actually has a message to send, only about 10% of rappers in history have done that, some of which are Tupac, Mos Def, and Kanye West... Nas and the other 3 i mentioned have probably saved hip hop from itself single handedly, because they are actually talented artists. 50, Lloyd Banks, J Kwon are all rappers who rap about being "gangsta" and being "thugs", because they only care about making money and appealing to the mainstream Rap fans. Thats why we need artists like Nas and Kanye, there are more i just dont feel like namin them. How can you say God's Son was garbage? It's probably in the top 10 hip hop albums released in the past 5 years, maybe the top 5, and Illmatic was the best Hip Hop album EVER, yes, the best ever. Jay Z only cares about $$$ and selling his wack records, and he does a good job. He is still wack, and half his rhymes are biggies, Nas said it best "How much of Biggie's rhyme is gon come out of those fat lips" so next time you try to diss Nas, know what you're talking about.

And Nas did single handedly end Jay Z's career, jay tried to come back wit "Super Ugly", but Ether destroyed Jays Ego, and made Jay look like a little bitch...

Like I said, God's Son was weak. His last hot shit was Stillmatic. I was a HUGE fucking Nas fan before God's Son. Homes fell off with that CD lyrically. He surely had a message to send, but I couldn't hear through the bullshit to get to it. And he didn't END Jay's career, he just made sure he couldn't come back. Like I said, Jay's last dope album was Volume 2 back in '98. Way before the Nas beef. Now, let me say what I now feel like I should have said in the beginning: Let's all hope Streets Disciple is better than the shitty God's Son CD.