View Single Post
Old 09-11-04, 06:46 PM   #1
Ill-Grammatix
Back In Business

Who's Child Is This?

IP:

(This was written from the eyes of a soldier... I've seen some things... things that some people choose not to see... this is what I call fictional truth... It didn't necessarily happen... or did it?)

young child....
cold and alone in a world where no one seems to care
no clothes... no shoes on your feet...
until the world gave you dis---pair
dinner's thin pickings...scrounging for scraps fails to ease the intestinal thunder
it's no wonder that nothing I can ever give will replace your hunger...
your hunger for hope outweighs your hunger for edible nourishment
so along with that sandwich I offer a side-order of encouragement
still you hunger... hunger for life... hunger for love never known
living with the harsh realities of suffering caused by leaders with egos overblown
overgrown children playing God...who are they to decide who's a have or a have not
especially when the "have"s have lots and the have nots have... knots....?
knots in their stomachs...not just from lack of food... but from lack of respect
a lack of a will to fight back to keep the better half of "have-not" in check
but you, young child, are a warrior... destined to defeat those who oppose you
your hunger keeps you alive... searching... for the satisfaction that this world owes you
Hold true to who you are ...and make no mistake about what makes your country the greatest place the world will ever hate...
From Bhagdad via Kuwait?... yeah, shyt's rough out there... but I wasn't talking about Iraq... I was referring to the States!

(I honestly believe that the future relies on the children... the world is really fucked up right now on all fronts. 9/11 is a constant reminder of what men are capable of in this day and age. I pray everyday that this "war" will end and that my children may be able to live in a world filled with love instead of hate. Do your part now. That child in the poem above could be yours... it could've been you a few years back... it could be your child in the future. That child will one day make a difference in this world. It's up to us to nurture that child and take all those negative experiences and channel them into something positive. Like the old saying goes, "It takes a village to raise a child.")

IN MEMORY OF ALL THE CHILDREN WHO DIED IN THAT SCHOOLHOUSE IN RUSSIA!
Send a message via AIM to Ill-Grammatix Send a message via Yahoo to Ill-Grammatix   Reply With Quote