View Single Post
Old 10-07-04, 04:32 AM   #11
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP:

Voted For: Efusive

Alright look.. No bullshit, This was close.

On the one hand, we had Effusive comming with punchlines that hit pretty had.. And on the other hand we had VA comming with less hard hitting punchlines, but better rhyming skill.

For the most part, this battle is even, but bottom line is, punchlines are what wins battles. More then flow, more then rhyming skill, more then multies, etc etc.

A good example of what I am talking about VA is this line:

Whats IJL doin in RV? ya hardly decent. Reasons including ya rosters invalid.
Its histerical. you alone are 15-0, ill have your dick riders tossin my salad.

Basically the lead up line is good, I dont really see how their roster is invalid but thats besides the point. The second line is where the problem is.. And thats that the punchline that is there, is really weak and doesent hit hard.. You say you are gonna have his D/R's tossing your salad.. Basically, that is a diss.. But its kind of the equivilant to a fake personal, because you have no real proof that he gets D/R and no way of getting his D/R's to toss your salad.

Using lines like that are more or less useless.. They rhyme, but they really dont hit that hard..

E, this wasnt a perfect verse either. But it was enough to take the battle. Thats why you got my vote.