View Single Post
Old 10-18-04, 04:07 PM   #3
SmokaJoka.
InSaNe KiLlAh

IP:

Match Reviews - Week 4

The Disciple vs. Efusive
Pretty one sided battle here, but Disciple did have a good flow...he just needs work on punches. He came with a pretty punchless verse, nothing much stood out as witty or new. Disciple also came with little consistency and needs work on structure and concepts as well..overall an ok job...but needs a good bit of work. Efusive, however, dropped better with good punches and wit pretty well throughout his verse. A few standout lines, and nice concepts is what gave the KO win in this battle.
Winner - Efusive

Stephen Elwood vs. Final
Not too great of a battle here from either opponent. Final dropped a pretty weak verse and needs work on throwing punches instead of trying to force rhymes and make a bit of a weak attempt at wordplay. He also needs concepts and consistency...nothing much stood out in his verse at all. Stephen Elwood, on the other hand, done a bit better, but I've personally seen him do better myself. He managed to toss in a couple of decent lines, but for the most part dropped weak as well. In the end, Stephen Elwood was able to win this battle for having fresher concepts and actually throwing punches in his verse.
Winner - Stephen Elwood

Phantom vs. B.I.Detained
Not too bad of a showing from either here, actually it's the best battle I've read from BOTH opponents this week. Phantom dropped a decent verse, and had a couple of played lines in there and some of them were just meh. He needs work on newer concepts and harder punches, some of his personals could also be put to better use, but he still came with a pretty ok verse. B.I.Detained, however, dropped a pretty good verse as well with good concepts and a couple of nice punches in the mix to top it off. In the end, B.I. was able to pull out the win in this battle for having a few more quotable lines than his opponent.
Winner - B.I.Detained

Sdizzle vs. Succ Maccock
Pretty weak battle from both here. Succ Maccock came with an below average verse and only a couple of decent lines. He needs work on concepts, punches, and making new concepts for harder hits. Also he should drop the quotes and try to think more witty. Sdizzle, on the other hand, had two good lines which helped him pull through on this battle. I have also seen sdizzle do better, but he was at least able to pull off the win in this battle for having a few more harder punches than his opponent was able to put out.
Winner - sdizzle

9th Degree vs. Valor
Well Valor dropped a decent quick key, but nothing too much stood out for him. His personals were a bit weak and he needs work on fresh concepts...maybe if he would've spent more time he might've done better. 9th Degree, however, seemed to have dropped a no show verse, and if it wasn't a no show verse...then please God someone pray for him. Valor was able to win this battle for posting a verse with valid punches.
Winner - Valor

Lyric vs. Scenario
Another one of the top battles this week...at least both were able to pull out something decent to put on the table. Scenario dropped an overall ok verse with only a couple of standout lines and really needs to work on trying to make an effective punch on each line for consistency. He had good flow and vocabulary, but he also needs work with concepts as well. Overall...not a horrible verse, but could've been much better. Lyric, on the other hand, dropped a pretty good verse with good concepts in some parts...and some were just meh. He had a couple of standout lines and good personals..nothing much else to say...Lyric won this for having a few harder punches than Scenario.
Winner - Lyric

Triple N vs. DeadlyVision
Both managed to drop, but DeadlyVision was 4 hours late...therefore, Triple N won with at least posting on time.
Winner - Triple N

Archeologist vs. Wrecker
Both managed to check in...Wrecker was the only who managed to drop a verse....Archeologist signed out in the middle of the week.
Winner - Wrecker

Denizen vs. Lucifer
Denizen dropped a verse...while Lucifer no showed...therefore Denizen wins.
Winner - Denizen

Daz vs. Mike Hawk
NNNNNNOOOOOOOO SSSHOOOOWWWWWW.....again....Mike Hawk at least dropped a verse though.
Winner - Mike Hawk

SmokaJoka666 vs. Da PUNCHLiNEKiNG
Da PUNCHLiNEKiNg shit on Smoka so bad...his check in wasn't even visible to human eyes...Smoka wins by no show.
Winner - SmokaJoka666

FlOw InTeLLiGeNt vs. King Solo
King Solo didnt even check in on time....therefore, Flow wins by no show.
Winner - FlOw InTeLLiGeNt

Casual vs. Ice Pick
Ice Pick signed out in the middle of the week sometime last week and didn't know about this battle...Casual wins by no show.
Winner - Casual
Send a message via AIM to SmokaJoka. Send a message via MSN to SmokaJoka. Send a message via Yahoo to SmokaJoka.