Thread: I. Mind vs l.i.
View Single Post
Old 11-14-04, 09:02 PM   #47
Ill-Grammatix
Back In Business

IP:

ok... being that i'm not in L.I.'s crew any more (respect yo) I can now drop a vote and get shyt moving on this much slept on battle... peoples is checking it but all them disqualified votes are ridiculous

the breakdown:

LI: ok... he came with a very familiar approach that everyone could relate to... the thing that held me though was the way he used his words to make that imagery stand out... his wording showed a lot of emotion... use of multies weren't necessary for this piece but it did him justice... pretty strong drop throughout the entire joint... nice vocab... by that i don't mean he used big words but his style didn't have that elementary feel that i usually see in a typical RV drop... i hate voting on structure so i won't do it... i don't think it matters as long as the flow of the words come out the way they are supposed to when ya read it... and his definitely had a decent flow when i read it out loud... real easy to follow and understand... overall i give LI a 8.8/10

I.Mind:

nice... nice... nice...

ok , i felt the angle that you came from... talking about nature and all
a lot of people woulda just stuck to the obvious reference for the topic but you came from left field and caught ya readers off guard... good shyt... it worked to your advantage... your flow was also very good when read aloud... you guys were about a tie in that category...too hard of a decision to make by reading it and just as hard when read aloud... i felt ya imagery and ya rhyme within a rhyme style for this piece... very consistant throughout... the only thing that i didn't like was your ending... it just seemed too obvious what ya last line would be... i know that it was the topic but the topic doesn't always have to be word for word in ya drop... it makes it seem a little cheesy when ya think about it... especially with all that great content you had in there before it.... you evened that out by opting to choose nature as ya focus instead of the whole relationship thing so i didn't deduct points because of it.

this was prolly the closest battle i've ever had to vote on but omma give I.Mind an 8.9/10 and the "W"... again... good shyt from both and keep doing it the way ya doing it... werd
Send a message via AIM to Ill-Grammatix Send a message via Yahoo to Ill-Grammatix