View Single Post
Old 11-17-04, 03:38 PM   #23
schema
howdy

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
Actually, it is 20 posts to vote and there is no min number of posts to set up a battle... the problem with requiring links to setup a battle would be the newbie who doesn't have any votes yet and can't vote until they get the 20 posts.. but then 20 posts isn't a lot.. I might be able to make it so that people who are on here less than 2 weeks or so are exempt or something. How about 1 link to a battle voted in the past week? I'll think about it some more..

the exempt thing sounds like a good idea...it might be easier code-wise to make people with less than 2 or so battles exempt rather than a time limit...I'm not sure...

1 link might work but I dont know if that would be enough to close the battles quickly...if i knew how many battles went up in the average day i could figure it out mathematically...

figure that the average battle needs between 5 and 9 votes to close for an average of 7...

with the 2 vote system each new battle would generate 4 votes...
with the 1 vote system each new battle would generate 2 votes...

So you figure you make up the difference with additional votes from people who vote for money or just because they want to...you need between 3 and 5 additional votes per battle to close...

Id have to know how many average votes there are per day to figure out which way is better...because youd need to close battles quickly without closing them so quickly that there are none left to vote on...its an interesting math problem...Id really need the figures to find out which way is better...if you can ballpark those it shouldnt be too hard to figure out....it would be...

x= average number of current new battles per day
y= average number of current votes per day

((y/x)+4)-7
((y/x)+2)-7

whichever one is closest to 0 without becoming negative is your winner...

"Frank White the menacin, chron chron's the medicine....
I got the lettuce and...
...you turn green like cucumber skin
Got the new hummer in the summer when I was a new comer then...
drugs and mac-10's...hugs from fake friends..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
i'm not attracted to women...
Send a message via AIM to schema   Reply With Quote