View Single Post
Old 11-21-04, 11:20 AM   #1
Insight.
'Member Those Golden Days

Cocain in Squids?

IP:

LIMA (Nov. 15) - Peruvian anti-drug agents seized almost 1,540 pounds of cocaine destined for the Mexico that was hidden inside of a shipment of squid, police said Monday.

The shipment, with an estimated street value of $17.5 million dollars, was seized at the port of Paita approximately 550 miles northwest of Lima on Friday.

Seven Peruvians were arrested in connection with the smuggling operation.

National police officials said the drugs were wrapped in plastic, coated with pepper and packed in 25 tons of squid fillets to mask the smell.

Peruvian authorities had been working since August with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration and local prosecutors on the case.

Peru was once the world's leading producer of coca. But it reduced its production by 70 percent between 1995 and 2001, thanks to low coca prices, the interception of smugglers, forced eradication of coca fields and programs to help farmers grow alternative crops.

More than 7 tons of cocaine has been seized by Peruvian authorities this year.

^^^ From AOL. I kno that people r sayin not to post a lot of news stories, cuz thats a lot like RB, but i couldn't believe this when i read it. I wonder if this is the same guy who put cocaine in those juice boxes?