View Single Post
Old 12-04-04, 07:56 AM   #6
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP:

Voted for Elemental Soul.

This wasnt much of a competition, elemental soul, Im not really sure who you are, but you definatly impressed me with this verse. It touches on a lot of real world issues faced by the people of america, how they are kept in the dark by their government and theres always conspiracy theories floating around outside the media. I choose not to try and say I believe any of them because I dont like to make assumptions on things when I have no real proof. But I have heard a lot of crazy theories about George Bush holding talks with the bin ladins before asking to buy up a lot of oil fields and getting denied.. And the whole war on terror could definatly be a set objective by the american government. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your verse and I look forward to seeing more of what you have to offer in this tournament. You are definatly getting my vote on this one. (btw, only thing I didnt like was that last bar, using the word fag really brought down the vocab and made the last bar seem immature.. but it didnt really take away from the overall topical verse)

White Ave, I think since you posted second to that you must of known you wernt going to win this. At first your verse started off pretty weak I gotta say, but it definatly picked up at the end and was a nice little emotional story. But I think in order to write true elevated material, you need to look beyond story telling and get into trying to change peoples perspective on issues. By giving them new light on something they didnt really think about before.

Really good battle to kick off the tournie.. Good stuff to both. But Elemental Soul has got my vote on this one for sure.