Thread: Week 1 Mag
View Single Post
Old 12-29-04, 10:13 PM   #1
LyRiCaL GeEnUs
Da KiNg Of PwNaGe

Week 1 Mag

IP:

OPENING THOUGHTS
Well…I‘d like to start by thanking the people who showed for Week 1.…If yall remember, we had to close this down before because of no shows….at least this week more than half of you showed….but we still had three people no show….hopefully it was jus because it was Christmas….so I hope everyone shows this week…now onto the match reviews…

MATCH REVIEWS

dabatos vs George K. Stanza

Dabato came like he was writing a topical….It wasn’t a poem and that kinda sucked lol…so maybe he should have been Dqd, but whatever…He had nice imagery and decent emotion…Flow was kind choppy and his rhyme scheme sometimes left. Overall a decent topical verse

George came….whack…fuckin herb…jk….good drop here…sort of a freeverse of shorts. …nice emotions and vivid imagery…and also an original take and structure

Winner= George

wicked clown vs lyric

Wicked clown came ok…I thought his rhyme scheme was pretty simplistic, the story was meh…get more original, add some internslas..and this kid has potential…he’ll improve and I’m looking forward to a rematch

Winner= Lyric

cali vs whyte ave.

C.A.L.I…..came well…good vocab and internals altho they got a bit boring to read after a while….I suggest that you try and switch it up a bit..don’t throw in a bunch of big words all the time cause it made you flow come and go…imagery was decent, but I think you can step up the emotion a tad…good drop this week

Whyte Ave….You started with some very nice internal rhymes…and then it seemed like you forgot how to do them….your learning tho buddy which is a good sign…for a quick drop this was very nice…altho I felt it ended abruptly….keep going at it man…you have mad potential

Winner= Cali

lady~fiya vs king~dipset

King wins cause the Lady no showed…fucker
King had an ok piece…but it bored me to death,,,,if your topic is “Foggy Christmas” …NO ONE wants to read sumthin about Christmas where it is foggy outside. Be creative with it.

Winner= King Dipset

bloomquist vs acuity vs flow intelligent

Acuity is the only one that showed…props for takin this league seriously…better show this week
Like George you kinda switched back and force between a regular verse and a freeverse….I liked it…your flow was mostly fine cause your syllable count was nicely done….came apart a few times but nothing major….good use of vocab, but be careful not to cram too much in there…you’re a good poet, G’luck this week.

Winner= Acuity

CLOSING THOUGHTS
WellNot a bad week overall…Ima blame the no shows Christmas…so yall have no excuse this week…and no New Years doesn’t count…if your goin out of town…drop early…no excuses….anyway…best of luck…and help me and Valor keep this league running