View Single Post
Old 01-22-05, 06:46 AM   #8
DQ
Odi et Amo

IP:

This was a close battle, loved the topic actually.

Cali: your vivid way of describing situations is amazing, I felt as if I was in the middle of it all withnessing what was happening. The emotion was strong to, you made us really feel the chaos,the pain, the struggle...

Land flys in all directions like fireworks in a clear night sky
And the screams are of misery of those not willing to die
^especially the last line is very nice, just got me thinking about this for a sec...

Running in all directions yet achieving no distance obtained
As we all die and the fire continues to rain.........................
^your ending was nice to, it was as if you wrote an unfinished poem but I love it because it makes us think what might happen next and such, love that approach

King~~Dipset: the emotion was raw in your poem from first line to the last, stayed consistent on that. Had some good imagery but I feel you could've described certain things in a better way. When I look at your vocab, I can see that you found good balance between complex and basic. Good job!

Then I noticed This Was not A Suicidal Thought
This was A Stride for the Prize, A press towards the mark
A press For freedom Of my soul From this place of walls
A Place Of supposed Liberty and Justice For all
But I never Seen The Liberty and justice Stood absent
^Those lines right here were amazing, loved reading them, had strong message to them...

Very close battle but my vote goes to Cali because I was feeling his a little bit more, no hate though...Good job from both of you!

Authentik Intelligence

...The future is mine...

Send a message via AIM to DQ Send a message via MSN to DQ Send a message via Yahoo to DQ