View Single Post
Old 01-30-05, 01:57 PM   #1
~Sonofisis~
a.k.a Sonic

Why do people like Eminem

IP:

I actually want to know how many real hiphopper like Eminem, and how many Black people like him.. especially after he was exposed for being racist/sexist towards Black women..

Besides this point, this is my opinion.. when i was 14, this is when i first started listening to shady, i'm 20 now.. at first i liked him, he had tight rhymes, and the shit he said was just unbelievable and funny to me, he was really entertaining.. but as i started getting older and really appreciating the value of lyrics, and when i started experiencing a hard knock life, or when it started to affect me, i realized that Eminem didn't comfort me.. his rhymes weren't directed towards people like me.. i wasn't white, i didn't live in a trailor park, i didn't sniff glue, i didn't do hard drugs, and i didn't hate my mom.. I found i lot more comfort in 2Pac..

I LOVE MY MOM no matter what, as was expressed in "Dear Mama"..
I lived a thug life
I lost people
My family was poor at a point in our lives
I felt hopeless
I loved old school rap
I love black women

everything Pac said was like the opposite of Eminem, Pac being the greatest Musician in Hip Hop of All time (By Far).. would only logically make Eminem the wackest, unless you're a punk rocker.. the type of shit he talks about, is what maryln manson, or some rock band talks about.

every since the 70's, hip hop has been a voice for a hard knock culture, mainly aimed at Blacks and Latino's.. Eminem comes on the scene and sells more than 15 Million records to an 85% - 95% white audience.. it's like Elvis, people were amazed that Elvis could do black music because he was white, so they made a big deal about it, even though he was mediocre..

I just wanna know what peeps think, and don't get mad, i realize that Eminem is a touchy subject to a lot of white fans, as 2pac is to blacks..