View Single Post
Old 02-28-05, 11:57 PM   #11
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Typing as I listen:

Vocals on intro hook are mediocre. Nothing fantastic, but nothing wack. Singing after first verse coulda used a nother layer or two on doubles. Sounds liek you missed some notes or had trouble finding tones in it. Second verse is nice - your voice at times still reminds me of XZibit's. Chorus between second and third seemed more polished for some reason. Third verse lyrically was my fav- but deliv seemed monotone through out the whole song for some reason. Had the emotion, but not the inflection which is what brought this track down for me. Chorus after the third was the best by far. Shoulda coupied that one throught out IMO. The beat for the song is okay, but I think the song is too down temp with this particular beat. You have a course voice and need a more somber yet abrasive beat for a track liek this - DMX is a perfect example as far as melding these two facets together goes. I think a diff beat and pasting that third chorus in place of the others would have made this a real heavy hitter to me.

Other facets I didn't mention liek frlow and rhymescheme were at least solid enough where I didn't feel they needed any adressing.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote