View Single Post
Old 03-02-05, 08:36 AM   #21
DQ
Odi et Amo

IP:

Let's break this down...

Concept: you can start bitching and say this type of song has been done over and over again which is true of course but you can't deny the sense of reality in the lyrics. The rawness, the "in your face" attitude...how can you not love this? Had a sort of helpless vibe (especially in the hook,crying out for somebody,everybody,anybody..." to explain why it has to be like that) and yet a feeling of strength over it. This was so pure, straight spitting from the core, own life experiences that many people can relate to. You managed to paint a picture so close to reality in your listener's head. Props for that...

Vocals: kinda surprised me with the singing, may not have been from top quality but still, it's better than many other 'so-called' singers. Your deep voice is so smooth,on hook as well as on verses. I have listened to it quite a few times because it takes a while to get used to you singing. The more I listened to it, the more I liked it. Hook is catchy as well, easy to sing along and it gets in your head pretty fast. The vocals on the intro were good, you stayed quite consistent with them throughout the whole song.

Beat and Flow: definately feeling this beat, brought it out quite well. Flow only fell off just a little in first verse but had it on lock for the rest of the song. Can't really give any bad comments concerning this, beat is quite personal I guess...you either like it or you don't

Emotion: I mean the way you brought the lyrics to life, the way we hear them coming out of your mouth. I felt the emotional value of the lyrics was clearly present in your deliverance, you managed to spit it emotional yet strong. You made us feel that what you're saying is real and nothing to play with, didn't fall of once in my opinion. Stayed very consistent with the emotion...

Everything blended in quite good, no bad comments on the mixing. I do enjoy listening to you sing, don't need to get someone else to do it in my opinion. I listened to it several times because this is (one of the) best songs on RV at the moment.

Yup, Triple's back for sure...and how...

DQ

Authentik Intelligence

...The future is mine...

Send a message via AIM to DQ Send a message via MSN to DQ Send a message via Yahoo to DQ   Reply With Quote