View Single Post
Old 05-08-05, 12:15 PM   #9
DQ
Odi et Amo

IP:

Voted For: Non Capisco

Fables: it's a hard topic to approach in a creative way so everything comes down to emotion and imagery in fact. Strongest aspect of your piece was the imagery in my opinion, I could picture the whole drive to the hospital as if a movie was playing in front of my eyes. The vocabulary was excellent, found a nice balance between basic and complex. Flow was okay, some stretched lines here and there though which made it fell off. Emotion was strong as well, the realization that the patient's life depended on him and such. Enjoyed reading this drop!

Non Capisco: this is a more original approach of the topic which allows you to use very pure emotion. Imagery was great, I could really see the car with the pregnant woman, man looking at her puffing. Emotion was very good and I especially love the twist as it turns out he's not the father yet he cares so much about her and about the child inside of her. Flow was good, bit stretched here and there but multis made up for that. Vocabulary was right on point, had nice complexity yet it remained easy to understand. Very nice piece!

This is a hard battle to decide one because it was very close in fact, both used anoter approach and had deep emotion as well as imagery. In the end my vote goes to Non Capisco because I feel he had stronger emotion and a great twist in the end. No hate whatsoever, both came dope!

Authentik Intelligence

...The future is mine...

Send a message via AIM to DQ Send a message via MSN to DQ Send a message via Yahoo to DQ