View Single Post
Old 05-13-05, 09:44 PM   #15
Phenom-in-all
Vendetta the K.O. King

IP:

I think this argument is useless... Seriously - I agree with Kool on the fact that Pac's wordplay was weak, but that isn't what made Pac one of the greatest. During his prime, he told better stories than anyone, and was a "political" rapper of the time. He spoke on stuff that was relevant for the time, and everyone could relate to. Biggie crushed him with multi's and wordplay, but Biggie wasn't speakin on the same mental tips as Pac. They were two totally different rappers, and they both excelled at the styles they rocked. And comparing them to todays standard of rhyming is also wack, cause they both were doin that (at that level) 10 years ago. Since then, underground hip hop took off, and there have been more politically focused rappers, and rappers with better wordplay. Neither are my fav rapper of alltime, and Pac prolly isn't even in my top 10, but I respect what he did, when he did it.

2 cents

Same Page Productions
Send a message via AIM to Phenom-in-all Send a message via MSN to Phenom-in-all   Reply With Quote