Thread: FLOOZE vs diman
View Single Post
Old 05-18-05, 07:25 AM   #9
DQ
Odi et Amo

IP:

Nice battle right here, I feel the topic allowed both of you to use your own interpretation and put a lot of emotion in it which you also did.

diman: I enjoyed reading your drop mainly because of your own unique writing style, you manage to express a very emotional story in understandable words by using comparisons and such. Your flow is excellent due to a rather complex rhyme scheme, using same sounds several times in few lines which gives it a very good sound expression and flow. Imagery was okay, you didn't really approach it in a way that is focussed on imagery, the story was the core of the piece blended with the emotion. Your vocabulary was good, you portrayed everything so that everyone understands what you are talking about.You built up the story in a good, interesting way, nice topic twist as well. Good piece!

Monkey Dust: this is the first thing I read from and I must say it was a pleasant surprise, I loved the twist of the topic that you used, didn't really expect anyone to use it so that was quite creative. Even though the topic doesn't really allow you to use heaps of imagery, I can still picture the life of the person you're talking about. The emotion was very strong, telling the life story and the struggles or obstacles in it. I enjoy how you express certain things, here are some examples: "to act under the blanket of the night" or "stay in the belly of the beast". Flow is good, had some multis and same sound expression in your lines, also had a poetic vibe over it in my opinion. Vocabulary was good as well and the ending was marvellous, nice piece!

Both had interesting, emotional pieces so it basically comes down to which story I found more creative and then my vote goes to Monkey Dust because he approached it in a "no longer be free" kind of way which I was surprised by. Diman, you have a fascinating writing style which appeals to a lot of people, including me, so it was a very close battle in my eyes.

Good to see people being active in this league, props to both of you

Score so far:

diman: 4 votes
Monkey Dust (FLOOZE): 2 votes

Authentik Intelligence

...The future is mine...

Send a message via AIM to DQ Send a message via MSN to DQ Send a message via Yahoo to DQ