View Single Post
Old 05-21-05, 12:54 PM   #24
metaman
Flyweight

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweft
No, Ima have to correct you on this. So you think supernatural, juice, mos def, Masta Ace, talib, common, or any of them suck. NO! I am sure but a few mainsteam rappers can compare to them.
Dont you know read hop hop? Yo you should read ask me why I am TC its on this subject. Its not about a girl. Many 10´s..
Also I have the supernat and Juice battle in my sig, Thats real hip hop.

Sweft

Dude, go back and read what I said. Three years ago, every underground rapper was more talented than mainstream hip hop. But these days, mainstream is on the dick of mixtapes which is why guys like Jadakiss, Talib, Common, etc. get mainstream respect. You don't have to sell 10 million to be considered mainstream man. All you gotta do is be mentioned on VH1... and all those guys have been.

Supernatural was featured on MTV once if I recall. Jin was a mainstream success before he even had a record deal. And Juice was bigger in the underground scene 10 years ago than he is now, and he doesn't battle anymore like he became known for then.

That's what I meant. Not all underground rappers get mainstream love, but come on, that's changed some these days.