Thread: Kesse vs M-Eazy
View Single Post
Old 05-22-05, 04:41 AM   #6
DQ
Odi et Amo

IP:

Drakel: I love your approach of the topic where you portrayed your mind as a prison instead of the actual jail. You had an excellent flow, had multis down and also good sound expressions for example:

never thought or complained, but it cant be bought or regained
someone ought to explain what to do, life isn't a game

Interesting rhyme scheme together with good vocab, had nice balance between basic and complex and the piece was at a high pace that kept the readers focussed. Emotion was tight in my opinion, your twist of the topic allowed you to use heaps of emotion and you also did that. Imagery was good as well, it's just a very easy read due to the speed of the piece and the content as well. Built up a nice story and I also like the questions the person asks himself, thrown around between feelings and thoughts into his mind.

M-Eazy: you sorta took the more predictable approach of the topic but nonetheless you managed to write down a nice piece. The strongest aspect of your drop was the emotion without a doubt, you really portrayed the feelings of remorse the person had within his heart, the struggle he goes through in prison. Imagery was good but I feel it was just an emotional piece and not an imagery one. Flow was excellent, you picked up the pace as the story continued, vocab was bit more basic but it gave the topical a powerful, direct vibe.

Couple of my favo lines:

This is my life, and every night, I got to sleep scared
Because I just took a innocent life away, and they think I dont care

In the end my vote goes to Drakel because I feel he had a more creative approach, more abstract and poetic vibe as well but M-Eazy, I enjoyed reading your piece as well of course. Both dropped hard so no hate y'all...this was an excellent battle, keep it up!

Authentik Intelligence

...The future is mine...

Send a message via AIM to DQ Send a message via MSN to DQ Send a message via Yahoo to DQ