View Single Post
Old 05-31-05, 12:44 PM   #30
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary someone
I believe in god, maybe not the lies and stories behind it, but i believe theres something out there that created us. Saying that there is no God because he didnt help u pass a test or he let someone close to you die is just an excuse to blame someone else, theres millions of ppl in the world who talk to god everyday...how could he answer everyone at the same time??! When something good does happen to you, you should take it for granteed and realize God finally came to you. Plus the only other theory of exsistence is evolution...and to say we are really monkeys?? come on...how does a monkey just turn into a man?

Well, the God depicted in the bible could answer everyones prayers at the same time since he is supposedly an eternal being that exists in every space possible, and in every time-frame imaginable, and his power is beyond human comprehension. Thats "liek how he could answer everyone at the same time!?!?!."

OK. Next time I spend my hard earned money to gain access to a gymnastics centre, go there twice a week for 6 months, learn the basic movements of a technique, work hard as fuck practicing the shit at the gym, break even more avid sweat doing whatever muscular resistance training is necessary to learn the technique, practice some more, conquer any fears asscociated with the technique, eventually learn the technique on padded floors and hurt myself a lot in the process of transferring it from that to the concrete/grass, then i'll thank god for teaching me a kewl new trick that I should liek.... not take for liek.... granteed. Or maybe i'll thank myself for it. Which one makes more sense?

Go read up on Darwin's theory of evolution. The monkeys didnt just go "Hey man, I heard its pretty cool to be a human nowadays, lets magically turn ourselves into men." The change happened slowly over millions of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca
we don't need proof. Just read Mary Janes post. That should be enough. I guess nothing good ever happened to you to make you not believe in god.

I read it, and it was full of bullshit. What should I do now?