Old 06-03-05, 07:15 PM   #5
Acuity
Rastafari Walk Tall

IP:

Spiritual Deprevation

I sit in this cage, three blocks of grey, 1 row of steel, no conversation
No stimulation for the mind, no allowance for religion, that’s my deprevation
One belief is given prescedent, that the dictator is the lord, he is the faith
I cannot adjust, deduct, Christ from my thoughts, abort bible preachings as a retort
If caught practising his teachings, im deprived of food and water, of sunlight
This is my plight, survive in spite of religion, or die a martyr in ma deathrow like plight
It’s a catch 22 in a different form, I wonder if I can afford to abandon the path now
I’ve spent my life devoted to Jesus Of Nazareth, at birth in mind I took a vow
Christened Acuity, now imprisoned for my beliefs, should I tolerate my spiritual neglection
Malcolm X didn’t. Ghandi didn’t, Shaka Zulu didn’t, Irish Catholics were unrelenting
They give me inspiration, to stand firm at my hearts station and not stop or drop
Not to be silenced by an oppressive force that tells me what I say about creation is wrong
As it challenges their premise for power,my anger I will vent, that shall come in time
So I keep ma rhymes concise and precise, enabling me to worship within my mind
If I cant express ma faith on the outside, then ill express it on the inside with no contestation
As these people cant take away what I keep in there and ensue to spiritual depravation
So in elation I know I will die at some random undestined moment ma life will end
Although short, I have served the lord, 27 years since the doctor cut my umbilical
But im glowing, knowing my place in perfection is reserved and biblical and magical
My prays with the lord are heavenly debates, angelic conversations
This weight and tide of prejudice cannot persist with continuing spiritual deprevation

-Acuity-

"His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings of Ethiopia and Elect of God"

Blog

Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Web Designer