View Single Post
Old 06-03-05, 08:04 PM   #52
Yung_Dragon
Flyweight

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by One M.B.
You're own kind? So thats basically protestant. A christian who ignores a whole lot of the bible, the book you also get your beliefs from.

The scientific example I gave wasnt meant to disprove the existence of God. You said that a lot of things in the world are unexplained, and God is the answer to them. I disputed that statement. I'm not an idiot man, read some of the first shit I said in this thread to someone talking about evolution.

Exactly, and a lot of other religions ARE based on faith. And a lot of them also have prophecies and shit. How are you so sure what you believe is right when "faith and prophecy," something evident in a whole lot of other religions, is what makes you believe yours? See its this type of thing that annoys me. 95% of christians just say "I dont need to give reasons for my beliefs to non believers etc etc, read the bible the answers will come to you" and shit like that. You sure as fuck need to back up your beliefs, cos otherwise you're bullshitting yourself. If you grew up in India, I bet you you'd be a hardcore Hindu. If you grew up in China, I bet you'd be a hardcore Buddhist. PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME as to how you are so sure christianity is true. Because most Christians I ask to tell me WHY they believe, tell me to read the bible, which I have many times and have studied... But i'm not a christian. They seem to have read or been told little verses and chapters and shit and are sure of what they believe. How the fuck can you be sure if you havent read your OWN RELIGIONS scriptures properly?

Have you ever even considered another religion? Go read up on buddhism, it sure makes a lot more sense than christianity. Buddhism is basically a pathway to enlightenment. Enlightenment is a state of pure spiritual and mental fulfillment. The Buddha taught that desire is the cause of Dukkha (Sort of a word for suffering, but the word suffering doesnt quite give the scope of description that "dukkha" is supposed to). Anyway, take away desires, you wont need anything, you wont suffer, and you will be fulfilled. Easier said than done.

Now tell me, what makes more sense,
-What I just told you about buddhism.
or
-believing in something you have never seen or experienced, believing in a holy book that has been twisted and changed over 2000 years, believing that everything happens because of some divine being that came to earth in the form of a man who could walk on water and revive the dead, believing that this "god-man" was killed and then 3 days later came back to life, and because of that our sins are forgiven. If you dont believe in all that shit, the bible clearly states you are going to hell.

How is god strict at all? How does he make sure what we do is correct? He doesnt do shit. Everyday christians kill, steal, lie, rape... But according to the bible if they ask forgiveness they can get to heaven. Thats not strict. That is what christians call a display of gods immeasurable love.

Unfortunately, that immeasureable love doesnt quite reach like 75% of the world who arent christian. If god loves all mankind, why does some poor etheopian boy who has never heard of breakfast, lunch and dinner, let alone the bible and christianity, have to go to hell? Why do people with mental disorders that cant understand the bible or respond to stimulus have to go to hell? Theyre probly less sinful than 90% of the christians out there. So why does god make them go to hell??? And dont tell me some bullshit like "omg i learned in sunday school they go 2 heaven anyway" ... It says IN THE BIBLE if you do not believe in christ, you go to hell.

Truth is christianity is full of holes. And im not trying to disprove the existence of a greater being. Im just pretty sure that greater being isnt the "God" that you know and love. There may not even be a greater being. Dont get me wrong, im a spiritual person... Just not religious in a sense that I have a specific religion that I adhere to.

I gotta admit, that's pretty deep and filled with several points. I haven't really read some of the other stuff that you posted, so if I didn't understand, then my bad.
Okay, you kinda gave me an example to what you mean. Of course a lot of Christians are going to say that read the bible it has the answers, because that's their source of value. Though that provides some answers, I'll back up without using it. I don't know if you'll believe me, but I've seen it work.

I know there might be some other religions that use the system of faith and religion, but the thing what makes me believe is because I've seen results. Results that a lot of every-day people in the states(Athiests, Agnostics, other major religion groups, even "Christians") call luck, the obvious, facts, etc, because they never seem to look outside the circle. It's just that I actually tried, actually, believing, and it works.
Sometimes I had to wait awhile, but the thing was I prayed and in the end it worked. It didn't just magically appear out of nowhere, but by having my own sense of faith the whole way. The point is in the end was where it counted, and even little things through faith seemed to work, and a lot of people never seem to look at the better side, causing them to never see the miracles, but I happened to look.
Miracles are supposed to happen only to what is around you. Think about it, if someone you didn't know survived from dying in a great disaster, a lot of people would be like "whoa, lucky guy man!" What I seem to realize instead is that he was saved through God's will, maybe as someone who prayed, or someone who has been chosen to recieve another chance, because someone else had faith. I just seem to count my blessings, knowing that others don't. It's a small way of trying to show my proofs, but since it seems to work on what revolves around me, then it works.

Every action had it's consequences, God is loving, giving me what I need through faith, but that doesn't mean I was some all perfect person who thought highly of myself, I've been punished too. In fact, so many others have been as well. A lot of "Christians" have tried to use Christ's name, but used it for glory, and in the bible, it says that they were punished.
It just applies to everday life. We don't really know how someone will think, so judging by how they acted, gives real believers a bad name. A lot of Christians are proven waaay dead wrong, because they used God in bad ways. Do we know their thoughts? No, we see only for what has been spoken and what has happened. Maybe they were using God for their own selfish glorious good, and etc. So, don't say that all Christians are bumbling fools, a lot are, but not all. I'm still learning about my religion.
The bible is going to be complicated and not make sense, but God made that so that others who choose wrong paths on purpose may not ruin it.

(You'l have to refer to what I talked about miracles and why I believe on this part)
And since I happen to believe in what is for me, I realize then after that is that the bible can be full of truths. I have faith in the hidden messages of the bible, so it allows me to believe what is said, knowing what came first was my own acknowledgement of what God has given me. So through what has happened, I believe in the Bible, which will make me want to state some things from it.
Jesus said that we must have a pure mind like innocent children. Mentally challenged people, kids in other countries who walk 5 miles to school, and maybe, just maybe, those who have never heard the word of God (the last one, I know only God himself can answer it). These types of people fit into a pure childish mind, they can't really decide their own fate, they're innocent as a child like I said. And, if I remember, God said in the bible, in which I believe through my own experiences, that if a child(who we know as innocent) should die, he would take them to heaven.
I didn't learn it from sunday school, I learned it from reading the book myself. The book is what I believe, because I know from my own past of what has happened to me. This gives me proof to why I believe in my God.
So, if I in anyway say anything hypocritical, wrong, or messed up, know that it's because I'm still a growing Christian, and that Christianity shouldn't be dissed on just because of one person.