View Single Post
Old 06-04-05, 06:16 PM   #42
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

15/person = not gonna happen. I can't think of anyone on this board that'd pay $15 to put their music on a CD, cuz I sure as hell wouldn't/didn't. $3/CD = not gonna happen. I got a guy here that does my CD's in sets of 200 at a time for 80 bucks if I decide not to put any text/images on the CD themselves. That's 4¢ a burn. You can get 100 CD's WITH slim cases from Circut City or Comp USA for $50 bucks. Get the CD's by them selves (meaning no cases) for $30. Spend 7¢ per CD for a laser printed 2-color paper insert and you're at a MAX of $194 (for everything out the door before shipping) and that price gets lower if you go with 2-color bubble jet prints. That's 97¢/CD which is remarkable for only 200. Save the cases (which would obviously mean you don't need the paper insert) and you're looking at $140 for everything before shipping which is 70¢/CD which is virtually unheard of. Charge anyone here a dollar and the 30 remaining cents would go toward the cost of the stamp to mail it to them. Welcome to the world of business.

You could even set it up as packages where one package comes with the CD insert and track list and cover with the hard case for like..$2 (since it costs more to ship the 60.2 gram cd package than the 9.5gram CD alone) and the other one is just the CD for $1.

Just a thought.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote