View Single Post
Old 06-06-05, 06:53 PM   #55
Yung_Dragon
Flyweight

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by One M.B.
So basically, you believe because of proof like everyday miracles that other people cant see. It doesn't make sense. Say I prayed for rain everyday for like a month and then it rained. Doesnt mean God did it, it just means the sun shone on bodies of water long enough to make enough water vapor to create the clouds which rained... If someone survives getting stabbed, doesnt mean God did it. It means the attacker had bad aim. This argument will never end though, cos you could just say "God gave the attacker bad aim so he wouldnt kill them so its a miracle."

You say God gives you what you need through faith. Thats just because thats how you think of it. If you were a Muslim you would be thinking the same way about Allah, if you were an aethist you would be ignoring it all completely and thanking yourself for what you have.

But man, those children grow up. They grow up surrounded by disease, poverty, violence, death, hatred and war. They sin so much, and maybe they wouldnt if they had heard the word of God, but they still go to hell. It says that in the bible.

And yo, you really shouldnt be believing things blindly. You should be questioning your beliefs. Because I dont know if christianity is true, but a lot of people seem to be so sure of it. It seems that ignorance is bliss with christians. Granted, if you have read the bible and studied it, I will respect your decision. But for most people its just a matter of growing up in a christian family or something. They dont know its right, and maybe their parents were the same, growing up as a christian and believing blindly, its an endless cycle.

Endless cycles...dang,lol, that's what's happening with this conversation.

Well, the miracles are supposed to be like that. It just depends on how you interpret it. They come in just about any form. It's part of a system or something that we can never turly understand. Just different points of view that we each see.

I don't believe blindly, in fact, I think of the people with no hope as well. I probably will never be able to explain, but I'm certain there will be an explanation somewhere. I questioned that very same thing ever since I was young as to where I was the only child around who could think such things. But what I call faith and expectations, and what you call a sort ignorance in some cases is what cancels it out. It makes me wait for an answer that I know will come. The rest of this I can't explain, because I've either said or don't know.

All of this, they are just interpretations that are hard to find, as I said earlier. I'll take your word, I will question more often, as it helps me to understand better. Moses questioned at times, so did so many others. Faith is in a way related to questions and doubts, and it really can be said that all questions have their answers.